[Rhaptos] A few questions...

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 11:37:08 CDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Jonathan Bradshaw <Jonathan at upf.com> wrote:

> I am getting things setup still but running into some issues and
> questions:
>
> 1. is there a way to download another repositories files, such as files
> from an Equella repository?

I don't know anything about Equella, and a quick look at their site didn't
show me what I would need to know. Importing foreign content into Rhaptos is
possible, but in some way must be turned into CNXML for reasonable results.

> 2. what is the structure of the rhaptos repository? such as file types.

The respository is an in-database structure equivalent to a directory of
directories named with the module/collection id, each of these containing
varying content based on type. Modules would contain an index.cnxml file (in
CNXML) and other arbitrary supporting resources (images, etc); collections
(on export, at least) contains/is a collection.xml (written in CollXML).

> 3. I am having trouble importing word documents, is there a certain
> format that needs to be followed when importing and can the word docs
> have images embedded in them.

There is a template for best results, but most likely it's an OpenOffice.org
setup issue. A simple generic Word doc should import fine. Have you launched
an OOo to do the translation?

         --jcc

--
J Cameron Cooper